70 is the new 70!

Decade passages have always been a time to look deeply about what my life is about at that particular time in my life. 
So I’ve been in the inquiry since December of what is my life about in the present and also looking forward.  Interesting that with the Coronavirus, most people in the world are in the same inquiry!
I won’t go into all of my thoughts, insights, realizations but I do want to share a couple of things about being 70.

  1. You know how when you ask a little kid how old they are, they proudly answer with a show of fingers?  Well, yesterday I was not only telling everyone I saw that it was my birthday. In lieu of not having sufficient fingers, I announced emphatically, “I’m 70!!”.  With joy and pride.  Yes I am proud of being 70.  I love the life I’ve lived, I love the person I am in my work, in my contribution to others.  I have lived a life of adventure and accomplishment and goodness, and I continue to live with imagination and curiosity.  I have unstoppable energy and tremendous vitality. I am loved and loving.  And I look fabulous.  So lots to be proud of.
  2. A friend brought up to me the classic cliché, “Oh Nita, you’re only as old as you feel.  How old do you feel?”  My answer:  “Maybe this is what 70 feels like, and I feel great.”  I am honored being a part of a demographic who looks and feels wonderful at 70.  I know we’re an inspiration of another possibility of being. So how old do I feel?  I feel 70!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Year High School Reunion: All of these old people and me!